Quick Setup Guide
To install your new theme you must have a working version of WordPress* already installed.
For information on how to install the WordPress software, please visit WordPress Codex – Installing WordPress.
You can install Lycka lite WordPress theme through your WordPress dashboard, like you would do with any other WordPress theme. In case you are new to WordPress, you can find instructions regarding the theme installation in this tutorial: Using Themes in WordPress.
- This theme required WordPress 4.1+. It’s highly recommended that you have the latest version of your WordPress installed.
Set the Menu
1. Go to “Appearance > Menus”
2. Select “create a new menu” at the top of the page.
3. Enter a name for your new menu in the Menu Name box.
4. Select the “Pages” or “Categories” by clicking the check box next to each “Pages” or “Categories” that you want to include in the menu.
5. Click the “Add to Menu” button located at the bottom of tab to your menu.
6. Click the “Save Menu” button.
Note: if you want a new menu just click “create a new menu”, then you can move the items from the left side. At the bottom “Menu Settings > Theme locations”, checklist “Primary Menu” and “Save Menu”.
Add the About Widget
1. Go to Media > Add New
2. Click on “Select Files”
3. Upload a square image of you. (Ideal size 250x200px)
4. Click on “edit”
5. Copy the link from “File URL”
6. Go to “Appearance > Widgets”
7. Move/ drag the “[Lycka] About Widget” to the Sidebar
8. Paste the url in the “Image URL”
9. Write a text in “About Description”
10. Add the url of your about page
11. Click on “Save”
Logo in the Header
– If you use a logo instead of full image for the header, check the option “Header image is a logo” to apply margins.
– Check the option “Center logo” to make the logo position to center.
Option to display Right sidebar or Left Sidebar
You can change the colors of sections: Body Font Color, Link Color, Link Hover Color, Site Title and Headings.
The theme not included a “Contact” page template with an additional sidebar to display a different sidebar on your contact page than on other posts and pages. Lycka lite Theme also supports the popular plugin “Contact Form 7” to easily create working contact forms with only a few clicks. Please read this to learn more: How to create a working contact page in WordPress.
If you have followed the above mentioned steps of this documentation, you have completed the basic theme setup of Lycka lite WordPress Theme. Now you can start creating amazing content. You can access the Lycka Dashboard at “Appearance => Lycka Dashboard”, or access the theme options panel directly through your WordPress dashboard at “Appearance => Customize ”, there you will find these sections:
- Lycka Options
- Logo in the Header
- Sidebar Layout
- Color Settings
- Site Identity
- Header Image
- Background Image
- Static Frontpage
Upgrade to Lycka Premium
If you would like to have more features and options, you can upgrade to the premium version and benefit from more awesome features and excellent theme support.
Configure your own news website or blog within a few minutes and benefit from endless possibilities to customize your website. Learn more about the premium version of Lycka WordPress Theme.