Quick Setup Guide
You can install Kerli lite WordPress theme through your WordPress dashboard, like you would do with any other WordPress theme. In case you are new to WordPress, you can find instructions regarding the theme installation in this tutorial: Using Themes in WordPress.
Quick note: this theme required WordPress 4.1+. It’s highly recommended that you have the latest version of your WordPress installed.
Set the Menu
1. Go to “Appearance > Menus”
2. Select “create a new menu” at the top of the page.
3. Enter a name for your new menu in the Menu Name box.
4. Select the “Pages” or “Categories” by clicking the check box next to each “Pages” or “Categories” that you want to include in the menu.
5. Click the “Add to Menu” button located at the bottom of tab to your menu.
6. Click the “Save Menu” button.
Note: if you want a new menu just click “create a new menu”, then you can move the items from the left side. At the bottom “Menu Settings > Theme locations”, checklist “Primary Menu” and “Save Menu”.
Add the About Widget
1. Go to Media > Add New
2. Click on “Select Files”
3. Upload a square image of you. (Ideal size 250x250px)
4. Click on “edit”
5. Copy the link from “File URL”
6. Go to “Appearance > Widgets”
7. Move the “[Kerli] About Widget” to the Sidebar
8. Paste the url in the “Image URL”
9. Write a text in “About Description”
10. Add the url of your about page
11. Click on “Save”
Add Custom Post Widget
1. In the “Appearance > Widgets”
2. Move/ Drag the “[Kerli] Custom Post” widget to the Sidebar
3. Select a Category you want to display or use Filter Posts by Tags
Add Social Profile Widget
1. In the “Appearance > Widgets”
2. Move/ Drag the “[Kerli] Social Links” widget to the Sidebar
3. Enter your social links to displaying social icons in the sidebar. (Leave blank text boxes to not display icons).
CUSTOMIZE: HEADER IMAGE
In the “Appearance > Customize > Header Image”, you can upload a custom header image. The Customizer tells you the sizes suggested.
- Click on “Add new image”
- Click on “Select files”
- Select your header image (or logo)
- Click on “Select and Crop”
- Save & Publish to apply changes.
Top Bar and Social Icons
– Option to display or hide for blog title in the top bar.
– Enter your social profile link URL. The following networks are supported in the lite version: Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Linkedin, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest. Leave blank text boxes to not display icons.
Logo in the Header
– If you use a logo instead of full image for the header, check the option “Header image is a logo” to apply margins.
– Check the option “Center logo” to make the logo position to center.
You can change the colors of sections: Body Font Color, Link Color, Link Hover Color, Site Title and Headings.
The theme not included a “Contact” page template with an additional sidebar to display a different sidebar on your contact page than on other posts and pages. Kerli lite Theme also supports the popular plugin “Contact Form 7” to easily create working contact forms with only a few clicks. Please read this to learn more: How to create a working contact page in WordPress.
If you have followed the above mentioned steps of this documentation, you have completed the basic theme setup of Kerli lite WordPress Theme. Now you can start creating amazing content. You can access the Kerli Dashboard at “Appearance => Kerli Dashboard”, or access the theme options panel directly through your WordPress dashboard at “Appearance => Customize ”, there you will find these sections:
- Kerli Options
- Top Bar and Social Icons
- Logo in the Header
- Color Settings
- Site Identity
- Header Image
- Background Image
- Static Frontpage
Upgrade to Kerli Premium
If you would like to have more features and options, you can upgrade to the premium version and benefit from more awesome features and excellent theme support.
Configure your own news website or blog within a few minutes and benefit from endless possibilities to customize your website. Learn more about the premium version of Kerli WordPress Theme.